Are you interested in shaping the future of digital behavioral health?
Cognoa is a pediatric behavioral health company developing digital diagnostic and therapeutic products with the goals of enabling earlier and more equitable access to care and improving the lives and outcomes of children and families living with behavioral health conditions, starting with autism.
Digital medicine is a relatively new healthcare and business paradigm. Our team brings together experts in the fields of AI, technology, clinical drug development and commercialization. This new configuration of skills and experiences has led to exciting opportunities and has also generated unique and interesting challenges.
Our headquarters are located in Palo Alto, CA. All positions are hybrid with regional offices located throughout the United States.
- Maintain and develop APIs and interactive web-based features using Ruby, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Participate in multiple stages of the product development lifecycle, including the data science layer, various web interfaces, and our iOS and Android clients.
- Translate product requirements into application designs.
- Ensuring all code produced meets defined requirements and quality standards.
- Providing mentorship for junior team members.
- Work with designers and project managers to ensure acceptance criteria are met.
- Utilize industry best practices within a Rails environment, including quality assurance, accessibility standards, and compliance related to Protected Health Information (HIPAA).
- Keeping up-to-date with new and relevant technologies.
- Review and approve pull requests to maintain an already high-quality codebase.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience/skills demonstrated through previous work products.
- 7+ years experience; at least 3 years working with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building code in a collaborative setting.
- End-to-end experience building, maintaining, and deploying web-based software.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine/Deep Learning techniques, preferred.
- Experience working in a health-related field, preferred.
- Ability to assess and compare different solutions to various technical challenges.
- Deep understanding of Ruby and the Rails framework.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and complex querying.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment.
- A business partner with the experience and confidence necessary to work with senior executives and employees at all levels to deliver results.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action where precedent may not exist.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Maturity of temperament and emotional intelligence; able to render a calm stabilizing presence without compromising influence and authority.
- Model strong leadership, accountable for coaching, developing, progressing, and retaining employees within the function.
- A strategic thinker, inspiring leader, effective manager, and team player.
- Collaborative and with the ability to create opportunities that facilitate buy-in and teamwork.
Cognoa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee
organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.