Are you interested in shaping the future of digital behavioral health? Well, you're in luck! We are looking for a skilled Regional Medical Director to support our fast-growing, privately-funded, pre-IPO company.
The regional medical director is a highly visible and critical role to the development and launch of innovative, digital based products to address significant needs in pediatric neurodevelopmental health. This position provides field based medical and product expertise for the Autism Spectrum Disorder portfolio, with direct communication and involvement in critical collaborative clinical study, publication, education, digital integration projects and leveraging insights gained from the field for strategy development. It is structured to allow part time clinical work, and thus requires an ability to work independently and make prioritization decisions with the help of medical leaders. This role will also lead a regional team of medical science liaisons. The Field Medical team is being built ahead of Cognoa’s first commercial launch for a Diagnostic Aid Medical Device providing the link from the company to the medical field.
The Regional Medical Director support the development and implementation of scientific and medical strategy as it relates too engagement with KOLs within the autism, neurodevelopment, and innovative leaders in pediatrics.
The focus of this role will be to collaborate with the highest level of thought leaders in order to drive key projects and initiatives needed for clinical adoption at both the regional and national levels. Translating broader strategy into territory specific tactics will be critical.
• Role can be Part-Time (60% - 80%) or Full-time.
• Maintain peer-to-peer relationships with regional and national subject matter experts to further collaborative efforts.
• Maintain alignment with medical and scientific developments in the relevant therapeutic areas by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending assigned conferences.
• Communicating back on general insights and trends from the field for internal collaborations.
• Maintain effective and appropriate communication and collaboration among headquarters medical colleagues.
• Providing approved medical content on Cognoa’s products for the Autism Portfolio to HCPs who have local, regional, or national roles in health care provision and/or decision-making.
• Ensure compliance with all internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations.
• Serve as conduit and medical resource to therapeutic area investigators and researchers, as appropriate.
• Lead regional work streams and regional cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the medical impact within a region for Cognoa products.
• Track insights and interactions through supporting technology solutions for centralized reporting.
• Provide guidance to Medical Science Liaisons in the same regional to ensure strategic alignment.
• Position is field-based with up to 50% required travel to manage assigned geography.
• Doctorate (PhD or MD) required. Practicing clinician (up to 2 days a week) possible.
• 7-years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience.
• 2 or more years of relevant experience required, with experience working with cross-functional in-house and field-based teams.
• 5-years of experience in Pediatrics, preferably with a focus on behavioral disorders such as Autism.
• Manage a significant volume of projects developed in a field-based environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, successfully implement, and demonstrate excellent judgment skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
• Experience conducting formal presentations to Company Management and external opinion leaders.
• Strong analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific and clinical research and literature are essential.
• Demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Collaborate effectively and demonstrate leadership and teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external customers that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources with medical customers and record medical interactions.
Cognoa is dedicated to creating an unparalleled standard of care in pediatric behavioral health that ensures equitable access to early intervention by delivering high quality products to improve lifelong outcomes for all children and families.
We are committed to nurturing and sustaining our practices of diversity, integrity and inclusion - embedding these values into our culture and products - to drive health equity in the areas we treat, for the families, healthcare community and employees we serve.
Cognoa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.