Are you interested in shaping the future of digital behavioral health? We are looking for a skilled VP of Engineering to support our fast-growing, privately-funded, pre-IPO company and help us tackle a broad range of technical matters.
Digital medicine is a relatively new healthcare and business paradigm. Our team brings together experts in the fields of AI, technology and clinical product development and commercialization. This new configuration of skills and experiences has led to exciting opportunities and has also generated unique and interesting challenges. We need a savvy, experienced technical manager to help us tackle those challenges and improve the lives of our patients and their parents, simplify their doctors' ability to provide them with the best care, and reduce costs and enhance reliability for payers.
- Collaborate with the clinical, product, and compliance teams to define our products, build them, test and document, deploy, and manage them in production.
- Advise on the overall technical architecture of Cognoa's software solutions, and the software development best practices required to maintain and improve them.
- Directly manage the software development, testing, DevOps, release management, and production technical support (tier 3) teams.
- Be instrumental in hiring and integrating new members into the team, expecting to more than double the size of the existing organization in a few months.
- Partner with the data science team to productionize and deploy cutting edge AI algorithms to power Cognoa's diagnostic and therapeutic product lines.
- Partner with the compliance team to implement procedures to ensure that all products are reliable and documented according to FDA requirements.
- Manage our internal IT support, from managing premises access control and office printers in normal times through Zoom and other remote collaboration platforms under coronavirus work-from-home.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Ten or more progressive years of work experience in software engineering.
- Two or more years, including one full product development cycle, in engineering management in the medical device, life science, finance, aerospace, automotive, or other regulated industry.
- Management of at least three product development cycles
- Strong familiarity with agile development methods.
- Strong vision and expertise to lead development activities across multiple domain areas including secure web-based applications, iOS and Android apps, scalable backend data processing systems and machine learning.
- Exceptional people skills mentoring, leading, scaling teams from 10 to 100+
- Strong understanding of how to set engineering teams up to be successful.
- Expert in software architectural design.
- Extensive expertise in cloud development with specific emphasis on AWS.
Cognoa provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.